Thread: Gundam Seed
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-18, 17:18   Link #38
Quiddity
Emma Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
this sorta proves ANOTHER point though: most of these VAs sound exactly the same, and the one's that do sound different always sound the same no matter what role they play
Well, if they sound all the same to you there's nothing I can do about that. I've spent the time watching many dubs time and time again and can easily distinguish between the actors. As such a dub hater I wouldn't be surprised that you'd have that attitude. Then again, the japanese actors often sound exactly the same too. Are you gonna whine about that too?

Quote:
and if you think a Bandai/ADV/FUNimation/Geneon/etc. VA has never worked on a project for another company...most of the VAs are just contracted to a specific company, much like some actors are contracted to a specific studio, or sports players are contracted to a specific team. For instance, some of the VAs working for 4Kids once worked for ADV
Never said that. But in general, actors who live in Vancouver DON'T APPEAR IN TEXAS DUBS!!!!! Only once in 7+ years of watching dubbed anime have I heard an actor who has appeared in more than one of the 3 major geographical regions for dubbing anime for non-connected characters, Lenore Zan who was Aisha Clan Clan in Outlaw Star(LA dub) and Hamon in MS Gundam (Vancouver dub). Matt Hill somehow going to Texas to appear in an ADV dub then back to Vancouver for Gundam Seed? Doesn't happen.
Quiddity is offline   Reply With Quote