View Single Post
Old 2012-09-04, 09:23   Link #972
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
I'm really not sure. Umineko has a bad compatibility with side-stories by it's nature, Tsubasa and Hane are there to prove that.
Oh, that's not true. Your options are basically "more Rokkenjima forgeries" and "more background information".

For example, I would really enjoy a side arc about Kyries day to day life in 1980, about what pushed her to the point of being prepared to murder Asumu, and how she'd reacted to news of her death. We could see her at work with Rudolf in such an awkward situation, and also maybe a bit of how she interacted with the other Sumadera (even though she was disowned and all that), or even her thoughts of how she would raise a child were she ever so blessed. There's a lot of room.

We could get ... a story about Battler's life with his grandparents during those six years. Or maybe a heretofore unmentioned best friend of Jessica or Battler (who seem to have led active social lives) who also sought out the truth about that day.

I've also always wanted some bit of narrative about the siblings lives as siblings. For example, we're told Rosa was often bullied, and sometimes outright betrayed by her siblings, but we never see any of that. A cute, slightly unsettling side story about little Rosa ... let's say it's from Rosa's perspective, Eva and Krauss are using her to get Rudolf in trouble for an 'indiscretion', but Rudolf uses her to make a situation that gets her in trouble and thus the attention off of him. We'd even get a bit of stuff on Kinzo's ever unnamed wife, maybe.

You might just say that nothing like that is entirely relevant to the main story Umineko wanted to tell, but ... there's a lot of room, i think.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote