View Single Post
Old 2010-07-19, 08:15   Link #14188
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
The problem with it is not that it's too simple. It makes easily the most narrative sense among the entirety of all major theories. The problem is the annoying amounts of evidence making it jump through hoops to stay alive.
Plus, if Battler had ever actually been to Kuwadorian you'd think showing him a flashback of Kuwadorian would make him suddenly go "Oh crap! I remember that place!"

He seems utterly baffled that it's even there.

Honestly, it has to be something easy to forget. Battler doesn't seem to have a particularly bad memory. In fact, his memory seems decent overall. I find it hard to believe he could remember so much of what he's read yet forget major incidents in his life. It's forgivable if it wasn't all that big a deal to him, but in such an instance it makes it harder to justify what we've been presented as Beatrice's alleged "torture."

The sin is generally problematic for that reason. If it's small, it makes sense to forget it but no sense to be so mad over it. If it's large, it makes sense to be mad but no sense to have forgotten.

Unless it really isn't "this" Battler's sin, I guess. But then why ask "our" Battler to remember it?
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote