View Single Post
Old 2010-12-03, 01:06   Link #83
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Maybe, but at least it sounds better on paper when you call it something else. Hey, Wolfenstein was one of the 1st FPS games and Doom soon followed. But Doom was based off of Wolfenstein's design, so shouldn't it be called "Wolfenstein" too (*note: this is only an example and not actual facts about the 2*)? Its the same thing with Katon: Goukakyuu (Uchiha) and Katon: Karyuu Endan (Sandaime). Both are the same in principle and execution, but they still get a different name to them even though both make the user into a Charmander.
An analogy, eh? All right, I can take a crack at that. To me, the tailed beast bomb (whatever it's called) is akin to the new Pepsi logo. Sure it looks a little different on the outside, but it's still the same darn thing and serves the same darn purpose.

Quote:
-Why work on 20 half-assed jutsu when you can hone your basic 5 and still kick ass with them? Don't you remeber what was said by, I cannot believe I'm actually going to type this, Sasuke way back in Part I? He stated that "an expert with a rock can kill an amateur with a kunai". So while Naruto's opponent's have maybe 20 techniques which they have yet to master, Naruto will be taking down mountains with 3-4 techniques that he not only mastered, but perfected to the point where they surpassed their original design.
Because maybe they don't have to be half-assed. Maybe he could actually take the time to master multiple jutsus. Many of which, by the way, wouldn't be nearly as complicated as the A and S rank ninjutsus he already knows. Not to mention knowing a variety of justus, even some of them are half-assed, could give him a possible advantage because he would have different skills that he could employ against different enemies' weaknesses. Also, I find it funny how you said Naruto shouldn't use half-assed techniques when even to this day Naruto is still half-assing the Rasengan.

But hey, maybe you're right. I mean, it's not like Naruto had three years to devote himself to mastering multiple jutsus................

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Not quite. Bad habits, especially bad habits that require an extensive series of functions (in this case, moving his chakra in an exact pattern through his body, forming and shaping it in a specific pattern (and since it is two chakra pathways being used, the formation is divided accordingly), etc), can be extraordinarily hard to break, especially if you do not consider them to be "bad" (which I do not think Naruto does).
Even bad habits can be broken (I have several family members who gave up smoking) and Naruto wasn't even using the Rasengan for very long by the end of part 1. Three years was plenty of time to get it right. And if Naruto has enough will power and talent to do Sage Mode then I think he can do that.

Quote:
That being said, this isn't an issue of talent (going beyond your "comfort zone" has little to do with talent, and more to do with willpower). If anything, Naruto's solution to the problem shaved off 2 years of training, so it's obvious Naruto is quite talented (in this area/technique).
Well, we don't really know for sure. If Naruto never attempted it or if he attempted it and gave up quickly, then it's a lack of willpower. If he tried with all his might to do it two-handed, then it's a lack of talent. Of course, we don't know what he did during the three years of training (apparently nothing).

Quote:
The same reason Kakashi limits himeslf to a dozen even though he knows a 1000...
Because Kishi is a terrible writer. There ya go.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote