View Single Post
Old 2012-08-18, 00:53   Link #3382
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Wow, your monk has less damage than mines, less life regen and life on hit than mines, but mines is still hitting a wall in act 2.

I think my problem is that I've been focusing too much on crit and don't have the hp and resists necessary to survive. I definitely need more resists.

I've switched to my barb for now however, which I feel more comfortable with (and a lot easier to gear for). I want to move onto other games but I want to clear inferno with at least one class.
You can try linking your profile. It shouldn't take more than a mil these days to smash Act 2.

Yea, my gear isn't very good (500~ LOH, negligible Life regen); not a single piece costs even 1 mil since I sold most of my stuff on the RMAH. (moved to hc for a long while before my friends quit) So this was just kind of a self imposed challenge on myself to see if I could complete inferno anyways. Of course, gear is a LOT cheaper now. My old gear had like 18k but resists were weaker.

But yea, I went from 800 resist all to 1000 resist all, and the differences were huge. I was just running into most mobs in act 4 doing w/e, though there are still some very imba kinds of damages that have to be dodged like the fire bombs and oppressors (those were the guys I thought were corrupted angels) are just plain stupid. Mallet lords of course hurt like hell still. I can also survive long enough just through breath of heaven and potions if I get walled in with something like plague or molten until the wall crumbles.

The lack of DPS sucks though. I've never had an enrage timer get me but it's gotten close a few times.

The other main improvement I did for myself was to not fire off cooldowns at once. In act 1 and act 2 I can just blind, BoH damage buff, serenity and take down the mobs. In Act 3+ you can no longer just dps down enemies and may have to run, so alternating between serenity and blind really lets you have an escape path if things go south.

If I were to continue trying to upgrade, I'd find pieces with higher armor and maybe drop some vitality. Life regen rocks too. Getting crit hit and more damage is nice, but that's just icing to me. I don't really find myself killing too slow even in Act 4. I also really want more LOH, but that proved hella expensive.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote