Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-07, 22:23   Link #6033
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Except your win rate right now is enough of a buffer already, whereas it's an uphill climb for the rest of us not named Irenicus, Hei_, or Kamijou Touma. :P
Think of it this way, if I suffer a bad loss streak -- and that's one disastrous night away -- I'm liable to blow a whole percent off my winrate. You can take a whole load more of frustrations without watching your stats go down the drain.

Also, the more I stat-pad, the more likely enemy artillery will target my poor tanks in battle. In the end it is still skill that matters, and a "50%er" who actually improved their game dramatically can rely on XVM-using opponents to underestimate them.

I'm much more concerned with my WN7 anyway. That's where, with the exception of gold derping (which guarantees troll damage), and with the adverse exception of my sometimes selfless and unacknowledged plays as spotter, bait, and first responder, my real contribution is counted. And based on that rating, I think I'm still worse than quite a few players on our clan.

And of course, I cannot translate that individual medium-playing skill to serve the clan's cause in companies. There is just not enough...freedom...there, either because of the fewer number of tanks, the requirement to follow orders, or because the goddamned medium-killing KV-1S are everywhere.

I still want to cross over the mysterious Hei's winrate though! And leave Touma behind XD.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote