Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-18, 23:44   Link #357
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The animation is indeed jerky, but anime itself has always been jerky, there's not much they can do to help with the average 8 fps.

I'll judge technically only when they do actual aerial combat, that was where Eureka 7 was most outstanding.

Though I can see from the trailer there's a lack of easing in the movements, which Bones used to be good at animating. There are also lots of still poses and shots, lack of animation.
That's exactly what I mean. BONES used to be the best in animation (imo). Even if it was just regular movements and what not. Is it because BONES started doing more shows the last 2-3 years or so? It looks like they expanded without keeping the same quality. They should just go back to doing 1 shows a year or 2 max.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
You can't expect much from the guy who is responsible for Oreimo...
.. I haven't seen Oreimo, but I'll take your word for it. Kenichi Yoshida should just be hired for every BONES show, cause he's that good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
TI definitely think it is worrying. This could be a "sequel" to E7 in the sense that Ao is the son of Renton and Eureka, but I'm concerned that they're not really treating this as a sort of "E7 sequel for E7 fans" but rather something like "let's find more audiences for E7 by aping other popular shows lalalala".
Exactly! But you can't really blame BONES after a lot of failed original shows. Trying to appeal more to what people are in to nowadays. Even though it's like spitting in the face of true E7 fans.

Last edited by Haohmaru; 2012-02-19 at 02:15.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote