View Single Post
Old 2013-07-03, 04:46   Link #6
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

If there is one thing about this anime that I liked, it was the atmosphere. It's quite charming.

However, story-wise, it wasn't really that good. There were some "shocking" revelations, but well, that's about it.
The first half had too much of the stupid captain crew blaming the protagonist for not knowing anything, despite them always keeping him in the dark.
Then the "OMG, those squids were once human" came along, which wasn't bad itself. But then the climax. I don't really mind that the fact the guy was actually dead was predictable, but everything other than that was so sudden.
That OPPAI pirate suddenly started liking Penion, which is fine itself, but she clearly started liking him way too quickly. And how much have they interacted? 4 minutes total?
The final boss was a berserk robot. Great.
To be honest, the fact those squids were human didn't really play a role in the final arc. Sure, maybe they had some influence, but despite being what seemed be the big surprise of this anime, it didn't have enough influence.
Not enough about the settling of the entire mess, be it the cult people and whatever that was left to settle.

And despite the good atmosphere, the anime loved adding extra ecchi stuff for whatever the reason. Be it that strip dance thing or the overly EXAGGERATED breasts on the end card.

But it was refreshing to watch. Especially with the template harem light novels and otaku-aiming material (that are out of place) swarming around anime these days.
So 7/10.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)