Thread: Wangan Midnight
View Single Post
Old 2007-06-12, 03:47   Link #39
Nomake Wan
One Man Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan
Thanks for the support guys. I'm Nomake Wan of the One Man Fansub Group. Honestly I didn't think that I'd be subbing this... but when I checked Tosho yesterday morning and found nothing, I was bored... and hopelessly addicted to the raw... so I decided to share.

This weekend episodes 1 and 2 air on PPV in Japan, so hopefully the raws that come out then will be even higher quality. When those air, OMFG will be releasing v2 of episode 1 (with some fixes listed below) as well as episode 2. We plan on following this series to its conclusion, if only as speedsubbers.

I'm kinda a n00b to fansubbing, so I can't do fancy things like a.f.k. and others do (replacing on-screen text, karaoke, etc), but hopefully that'll still be okay.

The errors in v1 of episode 1 are:
1.) The episode title was left out. It's "The Devil Z."
2.) The text at the beginning where you meet Akio with his old Z31 says, "Several Months Earlier."
3.) At 21:00, the text should read "Asakura was famous on the Wangan until two years ago."
4.) I'm not sure what happened in post-processing, because the raw was 120FPS @ 180 MB and the fansub is 29.97FPS @ 308 MB. I'll figure out what's wrong and get the filesize down for future releases, though, no worries.

Thanks again, guys.

Nvis: It's two episodes every 1 month, thankfully. Not as much of a wait as ID4S.
Nomake Wan is offline   Reply With Quote