View Single Post
Old 2012-03-26, 11:29   Link #162
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I apologize for not responding to this portion of the project prior to this. I haven't exactly been able to try it out for myself because of how incredibly large the download had gotten. Would it be all right for me to request that future releases have the resources and actual game separate? I can understand if you can't, but I'd like to experience this in true "VN style" beyond the first chapter, and that may be impossible for me if it gets any larger.
don't worry, i just made a new character sprite file format that reduced the sprite file size by 90% so the next release won't be much larger in size

Quote:
Er... right, sorry about that. I actually really enjoyed what I was able to play here. Loved the work done with the sprites. And while I'd never actually see it in a normal, non-Alliance playthrough, I have to agree with RRR that Sayaka's dejected look after Madoka yelled at her was adorable... in an "I want to comfort her because the mean pink-haired girl yelled at her" sort of way.

Of course, that isn't to say the exact opposite scenario wasn't cute. "Shy Madoka" is quite adorable herself, after all.

As for the Homura choice... the subtle changes in her expression based on Madoka's response are quite nice. While she isn't quite as emotive as Madoka or Sayaka, I loved seeing her reactions to the things "Madoka" says.
Thank you

Quote:
Anyway... if I could make just one suggestion, there's a minor problem or two with the text placement. It's fine throughout most of this, but anything with five lines of text ends up overlapping the lower border if the bottom line has a "tailed" letter like y or p. Also, the part where Hitomi and Sayaka respond in unison has the last "a" of the latter's name overlapping the right-hand border of the name box. If the names were just a bit to the left and the dialogue were just a bit higher, I don't think either would happen. Of course, I understand if that's not possible. I'm just making a suggestion, is all.
yeah, i noticed that and it easy to change but when i tried, the other text look really mispositioned

Quote:
If I could just ask one more thing... How are you making this? I've been working on a similar project since late last year(yet haven't really gone anywhere, due to my previously mentioned file size issues killing my motivation a bit...), and my curiosity is getting the better of me...
could you be more specific? i'm used like... 4 software to make this