View Single Post
Old 2010-12-12, 23:36   Link #236
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Just trying to illustrate my point. I like to draw comparisons, cite examples and continue topics when new factoids come to light instead of just linking vaguely related concepts in my head and then stating a reason and result without making an effort to connect it all to a point for the people that bother to read it. If that comes across as complaining and the sort of thing you pointed out is level-headed and just ought to be accepted cause its been that way for x number of years then I'm sorry but you need to get your discussion priorities straight.
Well, here's some logic for you...

This is (apparently) going to be a TV series. And as far as TV series go, those are THE major Gundam works. This show going to be the only thing Gundam-relevant for each and every week for at least a year.

I'm sorry, magazine spinoff mangas don't get read by a majority of people out there. And OVAs get discussed once every six months when a new episode comes out. Check the post and view counts for Unicorn topics compared to 00 ones. NO comparison.

And as such, people are going to want it to fit their vision of Gundam. Because this will TOWER over the MS Igloos and the Unicorns in importance and in mindshare. So yes, you might not like the topic headed towards the direction it has headed in, and you have every right not to, but it is happening no matter what.

And for a guy who has been around for quite a while, I was just surprised that you decided to rant about it now, after so many years.