View Single Post
Old 2013-03-28, 18:25   Link #84
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Finally, I've compiled my list of shows to watch for the spring season coming up next week.

A few choices were a given, but it took me to use critical thinking on others after comparing them with other series that I felt hold potential. Due that this season, which is almost gone, I only picked up two series, then this time around I'm compensating the numbers my taking eight titles to watch.

More sequels coming-up
1. Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties. Comedy. You bet it that I won't be kissing good-bye to the debt-ridden, butler franchise.

2. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Outbreak. Horror, Mystery. After six years of supernatural comedy, OVA releases the Higurashi franchise is taken back to its dark roots. I hope that 'Outbreak' lives up to or exceeds the psychological insanity which permeated the first series and the Kai series.

It's the season for sci-fi and fantasy
1. Suisei no Gargantia. Sci-Fi mecha, War. From what I understood by reading the premise the protagonist is taken from a universe scarred by war into a forgotten universe where peace relatively governs everyday life. At the surface, it looks like they are reversing the war theme tropes.

2. Kakumeiki Valvrave. Sci-Fi mecha, War. The second mecha show in the top for this season. More reasons to watch this is due that Sunrise is behind both production and animation.

3. Date A Live. Sci-Fi fantasy, Romantic comedy. This was my first tough decision to take, because I chose to make my mind only for three picks in the mecha genre of this season and there was left only one spot to fill. My selection gravitated between this title and Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince. However, seeing that most of the sci-fi shows that I picked have a bit of a gloomy trope due to the war theme, then I made my choice for Date A Live at the end. This was due that this anime feels refreshing introducing loli-girl characters trying to destroy the world, and only the protagonist boy can save it by making the bad lolis falling in love with him.

4. Karneval. Sci-Fi fantasy, Mystery. This one became my very first definitive pick-up of the season due that its premise has a few Pandora Hearts' vibes within it.

5. Shingeki no Kyoujin. Action fantasy, Horror. If the Giants featured in this anime are as brutal, vicious, and rampaging or even more than the BETA aliens are in Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, as I read from the premise, then I'm completely sold for this one. In addition, seriously I need to come across with, at least, one horror title to rewatch for this year's Halloween season.

6. Hataraku Maou-sama! Comedy, Fantasy. The premise says it all. Hopefully, it will turn into a worthy competitor or even better than Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote