View Single Post
Old 2007-11-26, 10:31   Link #105
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
The SH NEVER damaged Odz, hell their best chance t obeat was was with Moria when Ussop threw the bag of salt. The fight never changed and it was a waste.
and the bag of salt would have worked...
but it doesn't change the fact that at the very least, the fight between the strawhats and Oz was rather even, until Moria stepped in... once Moria steped in the battle turned severly against the strawhats has the Oz's attacks had them more on the run and were harder to avoid

Quote:
No, the battle was qucik because both warriors were th same and it was a matter of endurance and in the end BOTH warriors hit each other at the same time but Zoro defeated the man with the STRONGER sword.
:sigh:
did i not JUST say, that endurance is PART of what determines how strong a character is... Even if Zoro and Ryumma were the same in EVERY other aspect, if one of them has higher endurance, then that fighter is actually the stronger one as his higher endunrance will grant him victory in every fight between the two of them

not to mention how i painfully pointed out that Brooke and Franky were talking about just ONE aspect that determines a swordsman strength and NEVER mentioned anything like Skill, technique, endurance and so forth... saying they have the same physical strength ONLY speaks of raw strength and nothing else... like for instance, during the fight, Zoro mentioned that Ryumma was using a sword breaking technique; a skill like that could end up breaking Zoro's swords and give Ryumma the victory

Another thing i just pointed out was that, since Zoro fights with two high quality swords, one of which is one of the 21 legendary swords like Ryumma's sword, the strength of thier swords may not have been very different.

Quote:
You just added to what I was talking about.
Zoro was talking about the quality of the sword it's sharpness.
Again a skilled swordsman can have a weaker sword than a skilled swordsman with a stronger sword and STILL be better. As you saw with Zoro and Ryumma.
And sharpness is one of the things that determines a swordsman's strength...
And ofcourse it a swordsman with a weaker sword can still win, so long as the sworsman them self is skill enough and powerful enough to overcome the other swordsman's advantage... which was the case of Ryumma vs Zoro... in terms of OVERALL ability, not just physical strength, Zoro was actually the better swordsman

Quote:
LOL No! Crocodile SET the bar for the Shichibukai, none of his subordinates was stronger than him. Yet Moria gets slept in a few panels controlling a beast that he did NOT have in the past? You making a list of all Moria's abilities is uselss because in that entire arc it did him no good, in the end he is counting sheep. A Shichibukai, with a 320 millionm bounty (higher than Luffy's) doesn't even put up a fight. Your getting away from the subject when I said from the gate that this is all BAD WRITING!
Quote:
Yeah, and Oda let a great character like Moria EASILY GET PWNED....IN ODZ. That's bad writing.
Quote:
And? That power-up wasn't anything special??? All it did was increae Luffy's physical abilities and Moria got wasted EASILY.
I see... so becoming MANY times stronger and faster is nothing special?
Seriously, if nightmare Luffy had a bounty it could have very well been a bounty that ranged up to something like 600 million or maybe tripled to 900 million...
Hell, for all we know for sure, Nightmare Luffy's power could have been equal to that of Whitebeard...
Moria didn't get beat by a simple 300 million Luffy, but Nightmare Luffy who was MANY times more powerful than little 300 million Luffy

It is not bad writing... it doesn't matter how Moria faired in a fight agianst nightmare Luffy. you saying Moria MUST have a good one-on-one fight to prove he was a shichibukai is YOU talking, NOT Oda... Oda has already given us the reasons Moria was a shichibukai, with the reasons i listed before (without mentioning OZ i'll add). Even a shichibukai, when faced with an oppenent far stronger them himself (nightmare Luffy, not normal Luffy), can loose quickly in a fight. Shichubkai's are not unbeatable and unstoppable; if they were they would be the one's ruling the new world, not the 4 emperors

and again, there is NOTHING in one piece, that states that a high profile character can NEVER have a subordinate stronger then himself... jsut because no other characters have subordinates stronger then themself is not proof that i can NEVER happen... the ONLY reasonn you don't see it, is because normally in a pirate crew, if the Subordinate was stronger, you would probably have sever loyalty issues; he might take over the crew and overthrow the captain; That's the ONLY reason you don't see it with other pirates...Moria's has a UNIQUE power to create a subordinate that is stronger then himself, and yet maintain 100% loyal, and thus avoid the ONLY danger of having a subrodinate stronger then himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
We haven't seen Mihawk fight! It would be unfair to say that he is weaker than Crocodile.
Now that's hilarious because my reply to that is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
NOONE IN ONE PIECE CAN HARM A LOGIA
Quote:
What is stopping a pissed off crocodile from just draining Luffy dry
your own damn words... I mean, If it's possible for Mihawk to beat Croc, then why not Luffy (if it's possible for Mihawk, then it's not Impossible for Luffy)... and if Croc can suck Luffy dry, why can't he do the same to Mihawk; you seem to be defeating your own arguements... and that's all i have to say to that.
gotta love it when you contradict yourself

Quote:
Sorry, Luffy ain't Shichibukai level, He can't beat Crocodile (a Logia) head up, and if you wanna give Luffy situations stating things like "oh he will have bloody knuckles like before" I can easily say Croco can fight Luffy in the desert and Kill luffy easily. Or how about Crocodlie DRAIN Luffy to death!!!!
Quote:
Luffy's punches are not faster than the speed of thought!
What is stopping a pissed off crocodile from just draining Luffy dry!
how about the simple fact that Croc actually has to grab HOLD of Luffy... Gear 2 Luffy would run circles around Croc and he would have no hope of catching Luffy. Even if he grabbed Luffy, it takes more than a split second to drain Luffy, and that Split Second is all Luffy needs to give Croc a Jet Pistol to the face... And all Luffy needs to make contact with Croc is something like Blood, or even saliva which he has plenty of

And are you saying that Croc needs to be out in the desert, where he has home field advantage to win? Why, and here i thought that the all powerful and unbeatable crocodile could win in any condition

Last edited by Slayerx; 2007-11-26 at 12:58.