View Single Post
Old 2008-01-17, 13:30   Link #472
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
The point is that Nanoha is not the designer of RH. Thus you cannot use her wishes to determine how RH was originally designed.
Well, she was the one that could imagine what it'd look like. Had she imagined a rifle, would it have changed Raising Heart's function?

Quote:
Further, a vague concept of "beating the enemy" does not a Techno-Tactical Requirement make.
That's... sort of the point of a weapon isn't it? Beating the enemy?

Quote:
If they get equal performance, the guy on manual.
... Darn, I just talked myself stuck, didn't I?

Quote:
Yes, the presentation of the sight itself is a method of support. I just don't see how that evolved into an auto arm-jerking function, or how even if there is an auto arm-jerking function it is a better solution.
I think this started with whether it would be better to have a rifle or a staff.

Quote:
As far as I can see, RH merely fired off the magic. I still don't see RH jerking the arms around. Quite frankly, if RH can jerk arms around, it might have blocked Fate's blow when they fought in that onsen.
You're stil; saying jerking as if the staff would make 180 degree turns, its a small nudge hardly noticable at all unless you aim the complete other way.

Quote:
Not really. If you have already expended entire megatons of energy forming your weapon, don't you think you'll want to look for the part instead of burning it again?
Which is why I'm saying it doesn't take megatons of energy.

Quote:
Try that subspace bag thing. I don't like subspace bags but it fits the evidence better than the idea she was annihilated into energy and still somehow maintained her will and then managed to reconstitute herself.
Right, soooo how did she get there?

Quote:
Actually, my judgment went like this: Team A follows ergonomics. Team B does not. Team B has no obvious reasons for ignoring ergonomics. Thus, Team A is probably brighter.
And yet Team B is known and praised as the elites, often being the best with a slip-up or two. Team A screws up and becomes depressed about it. Getting themselves in danger or even giving up their jobs.

Quote:
I find it stunning you could agree that a Barrier Jacket is made out of magical energy, but insist that there is no way a staff could be made out of the same method, preferring the huge costs of matter-energy conversion.

Wait, roll back, I think we are completely talking past eachother, let's start from the basic idea:

What I think, and what I have always been saying, as that both Devices and Barrier Jackets are made out of magical energy turned into the eventual solid material.

Quote:
Yet Erio is considered a rekka copy (inferior copy) of the original Erio. It is likely the original, dead Erio would have been even stronger.

And Vivio was obviously a copy of someone who was l33t.

In Fate's case, it was clear that there was no intent to make someone super l33t.
Well, Fate was concidered an 'inferior copy' as well, and yet in terms of magical capabillities she exceeded Alicia. Also, once more, the intention came from Jail. I mean hell, he even went ranting in episode 24 about how great the powers of Project F were, even praising his results on Fate seconds before getting homerunned.