View Single Post
Old 2012-07-04, 19:29   Link #426
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshipw View Post
I think that the problem is in considering this chapter to be the end of the arc. It is clear that the cultural festival arc will be where the reaction to the movie will be uncovered as well as hopefully the motivations of all the girls who arranged to put Tsubaki and Urabe through this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I don't know why people keep saying the "movie arc" is over when the movie itself hasn't even been shown.

The filming and Tsubaki's personal doubts are the only thing that have "concluded" here.
I am quite certain the festival itself, along with the airing on the film, is supposed to conclude this arc.
How about we say that the "Mysterious Movie Production" arc is over, then?

I am not a soothsayer, and I don't happen to have any clairvoyance handy, but I'm pretty sure that the next chapter is not going to be named "Mysterious Movie Production 8." If it is, then I will agree that the arc is not over with, otherwise, it will be the beginning of a new arc, or even just a stand-alone chapter.

For all we know, the next chapter might not even have anything to do with the movie or the cultural festival, considering how non-linear the time framing of some of the episodes has been. Maybe it'll be another beach episode, or perhaps a hot springs episode. Who knows?

Nonetheless, there's nothing to say that the mangaka can't (or even will) answer all those questions, or explain the black holes of logic in a new arc. Whatever some of those answers may be could be the inspiration, or instigation, for some new plot twist that takes us through the next arc, and that could be why we've been kept in the dark.

If the "Mysterious Movie Production" arc is ever produced as part of the anime series, I hope that we will not have to suffer through a whole episode of just the movie itself, like we had to do with that other anime.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote