Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2008-11-26, 03:47   Link #1014
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Quote:
50 relationships and ends alone and bitter of those 50 relationships
This post has nothing to do with what you were saying, but your post reminded me of a bad experience I had one time back in my dreaded days of high school. I was assigned to work on a 2 person group project with one of the best looking girls ( probably top 5 ) in my school. All the other guys in class were stupidly jealous of me...but I couldn't care less. I didn't and still don't care about a girls looks that much. To me all women fall in to two categories:

Cat A: Women I would not do. ( about 25% of the female population near my age )
Cat B: Women I would do. ( the remaining 75% )

If you can't tell, I really don't put much weight on looks. Its either a pass or fail deal and after that its all personality. This is were the girl I was stuck with failed. Sure she was a nice person on the outside, but working with her was a nightmare...to make a long story short her kindness turned out to be a typical mask to hide her true immature self. She wanted me to do all the work because "I'm a hot chick and your a geek so you should worship me." it wasn't those exact words but it was basically what she said and summed up her mentality quite nicely. This ended with me giving in, pretending to do all the work ( in reality I went home and played Quake II ) and then purposely showing up in class without the project giving us both an F for the assignment ( I had an A+ in the class at the time anyways so I didn't give a shit ). Was it a bit immature of me to do that ? Yes, but the look on her face was priceless. I wouldn't have done it again any differently. If her parents/boyfriend wouldn't teach her that the world didn't owe her anything for being "Pretty" then someone needed to do it.

The point is, this is a person who had had at least 40 different boyfriends despite only being a Junior. Most relationships lasting only 3 weeks ~ 2 months. And yet, with all that experience behind her she never figured out that there is more to being with someone then just being attractive. Experience only means something if you are capable of realizing that the one consistent link in all your failures is yourself, and learn something from it. Otherwise it doesn't matter if you go out with 1 or 1000 different people, a moron is still a moron.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote