View Single Post
Old 2012-09-20, 14:44   Link #561
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
They aren't jeopardizing their craft if this show is any indication; over the top comedy is a trademark of them since their subcontracting days. And they certainly have people that can animate action very well.

You'd be surprised.
I was responding more to the question of why they don't do action based shows not with regard to this. This looks very much like a Kyoani show through and through so no this is not them going against the grain so to speak at first glance.

Anyway not much else to say since I probably won't be watching it for that very reason (I don't care much at all for their brand of over the top comedy and slow paced whimsy, though honestly maybe if they did more movies like that I'd at least be able to at least sit through them as an experience since they'd be much shorter in length), just felt it helps to have the opinion of an outsider every now and then. I mean I very much don't care for their works at all, but I am at least starting to understand more and more what it is some people see in their shows that is appealing.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote