View Single Post
Old 2013-02-19, 15:06   Link #387
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
No. Again you miss the point. Is Graham a part of the story and fits in its place? Yes, he is. Now that means he is always need and the story could not work without him? No, and there is when you don't get it. I am saying he is not that important and his role is a little too passive. Again, my complain comes because of its execution and how in the overall scale his parts are not that necessary.
So, you obviously hate Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, James Bond and other movie franchises where the antagonist/big bad didn't really do anything but them being there was needed to advance the plot.

Or how about the Slayers anime?

There's a character named Xellos there, he pops in from time to time, drops tidbits of information, then disappears, but, without him, Hellmaster's plan to lure out Gaav to kill him, and his plan to have Lina use the Giga Slave would not have happened, or later in the novels, without Xellos, Lina and Gourry would not have had their final show-down with Shabranigdo. Slayers Revolution, the most he did was drop some information, be annoying and curb-stomp the main characters effortlessly, but that was to move the plot forward.

You don't NEED to have an over-active manipulator who's up in your face explaining their motivations completely to make them effective.

Look up Xanatos Gambit sometime, Sansker.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.