View Single Post
Old 2010-11-29, 22:56   Link #146
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
That's why I don't play them in front of people....
That's why I said it was disturbing that she was doing it with her brother in the next room and all that.

Quote:
Why? branching/routes are just ways to make players feels more immerse in the storyline all videogames and multi-ending RPG have those too. It goes way back to the D&D style of play.
Like I said, I've grown impatient.

I generally tend to gravitate towards one character with games, but eroge tend to force you to go through one path before you go to another, or something of that sort. An example: My friend let me borrow Tsukihime because I play Melty Blood competitively. So I was sure, why not? I play Hisui, so naturally I want to learn about Hisui. I can't do that. I have to play through Arcuied's route first. I don't want to do that, I want to learn more about Hisui. Making you sift through paths like that is something I can't sit down and trudge through to get what I want, especially given how long games like this take.

The same thing happened with Fate. I don't care for Saber or Rin, and was really curious about what happens to Sakura. Nope, have to go through Saber and Rin before I can. Not happening.

Again, not a fault of the game, and I'm not dismissing anyone who enjoys it. Just can't do it myself.

Quote:
you might find eroge disturbing, I find that pretty natural and hell lot better than try to suppress yourself and ends up being a criminal.
1. I don't find eroge disturbing. I find enjoying it loudly and publicly disturbing, especially in the manner which Kirino did.

2. If you have to surpress yourself, or use these games to do so you are in serious need of help / therapy.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!