View Single Post
Old 2012-01-24, 03:20   Link #204
judasmartel
*Author

Okay. The usual problem I have with sports anime is that the writers keep on making new teams that don't make sense at all in the plot except as cannon fodder just to show how good the heroes are, or as breather opponents for the hero team before the awaited match against their rival team, if not the strongest team in the league.

RKB doesn't make me worry about all that. I'm actually more interested on how Mokkan's group and their proteges develop as persons and as players than how they will kick ass. I still don't know what's up with the new Keishin team but it's not that they're the focus of the story anyway.

- Mokkan's team as a whole realizes that winning is not everything in basketball. As a motivational says, "Teamwork: Share victory, share defeat."
- Good god, Subaru. You've just become a lolicon master! Hope to see his team come back, though. But recruitment drive sure is going to be tough, considering the tarnished reputation of his team after that incident with the lolicon captain.
- Mokkan has discovered that while winning with the team is good in itself, having fun playing with the team is much more important than that.
- Airi's CD is my personal favorite. She had overcome her height complex and hydrophobia and went on to become a potentially good "Big Man" Center. I mean, not everyone are able to do that while at a young age, and those kinds of fears, no matter how small, can scar them for life.
- Hinata as well. Who would have thought an innocent-looking girl to be THAT good at playing defense and making the needed shots?
- Saki turned from an average player into a good tactician, which is VERY good for their team as their best player can now focus on offense without worrying about failing to make the important plays happen.
- Haven't seen Maho's CD yet, but I would rather have her drop her Leeroy Jenkins tendencies and start playing according to plan.
- I would want to see the CDs of the second unit, but then again, they're not the center of the plot.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote