View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 02:33   Link #578
Used Can

One thing I can praise about this anime, and which I've done already, is on its choice for VAs. Damn they're good. I'm sure a good amount of people is very likely following this anime because of them, and not necessarily because they like the characters or the story.

Yukari Tamura's work has been amazing. I don't know about others, but I'm not missing Chiwa Saitō in the slightest. In fact, I'm even wondering if she'd be able to do a job as good as Yukarin at this point.
Chinatsu Akasaki is another VA I've praised a lot as well. For a rather new VA, she's been amazing so far and she's proved to have an amazing range. Her work in Kill me Baby, Chuu2byou and OreShura has been great. I loved that part prior to the running with a toast test, in which Chiwa was acting some scene. The different range of voices Akasaki used there reminded me of Yasuna. It was simply crazy and an amazing job.
Hisako Kanemoto is another talented VA. I was expecting Hime to sound a bit too sweet-sickening, but Kanemoto found the perfect pitch.
And Ai Kayano is another new VA that keeps amazing me. Whilst I did recognise her voice, the voice she's using for Ai is one she hadn't used before. I simply love how crazy she sounds. She really brings out Ai's personality perfectly. Also dat "AI NO DAISHOOOUURRIII...!". Holy hell... I've repeated that scene many times today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I opt to disagree here, though. Without Masuzu, the girls wouldn't be half as fun as they are.
I agree about Chiwa and Hime being more fun due to Masuzu, but Ai, at least during this episode, shined on her own.