View Single Post
Old 2013-05-06, 07:54   Link #10128
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Wo, that's a lot of hate.

I'm a cyclist myself and I find it stupid that some people get killed in that stretch of road since there's a bike path just beside it. The road bikers don't use it since they claim that the other bikers slow them down, to me, that's just elitist.

On pedestrian roads, know that you are borrowing the pedestrian's space and that they come first, you, second. On roads, realize that even if you have right of way, that's not going to help you when you get hit.

And most of all, look where you are going, evidently that's not the case here.
I had been hit multiple times around my area by bicycles on the walking pavements and all I get are glares for "not moving out of the way". When I started working in safety boots, things got better; most cyclists tend to topple when they drive over my feet.

Being a ex-stuntbike lover/hobbyist myself, I think that all cyclists should be forced to take the "basic stuntbiking techniques" course where they have to ride onto grass and hop onto the pavement again, maintain balance while jamming onto their brakes to prevent hitting someone.

Quote:
Can't argue with that...
Either that or make bicycle bells an offence under the "Public Nuisance" act. Still I think bicycles should be totally banned on pavements for 100m around Primary Schools, I live near a couple and I find it unjustified that cyclists can be allowed to get away scot-free after hitting parents/guardians taking their children to or from school.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote