View Single Post
Old 2013-03-25, 17:35   Link #100
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
and therefore not a god... compared to the current manga power levels, hiruzen isn't special at all (among the elite shinobi). the big excuse is always his old age, but look at what oonoki is capable of in his old age. if any of the more recent kages are godlike it's oonoki, not hiruzen. calling hiruzen the god of shinobi at this point makes no sense no matter how you want to slice it
Really? because I haven't seen the current kages do much of anything but gang up on Sasuke and get their butts handed to them by Madara.

Not to say that they aren't formidable, but I haven't seen the likes of Oonoki do anything that trumps Sarutobi.

But like it was said earlier, Hashirama's power is the result of hype. In order for Madara to be a credible major villain, he must be a unmatchable threat. So for anyone to have been his rival they too would have to be depicted as insanely powerful, thus you have the current "God of Shinobi" Hashirama.

Heh. To think there was time where people actually wondered if Kakuzu defeated Shodaime. Though I guess technically the outcome of that fight is unknown

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote