View Single Post
Old 2006-05-29, 18:08   Link #92
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
and yet no matter how hard I've tried to press this point, I can't get through to people that not everything is specifically a result of Haruhi's desires. I think people are a bit mesmerized by her character and want to put her up on a pedestal higher than she should be. I agree with the Loki comparison though, a trickster, who isn't really good nor evil, but inadverantely brings about disaster during Ragnarok, kind of like how Haruhi causes big trouble without meaning it. Like Kyon says her actions often lack meaning, but something else far more sinister always happens as a result of them. I firmly believe that Haruhi's powers have limits, I don't know how anybody got the impression she is omnipotent as nothing has been offered so far in the series to even hint at that besides Koizumi's theory, which is well... a theory. Anyway, we'll have to wait and see, I just wish the other folks would stop jumping to conclusions, most events in the show seem to have a more simple explanation and aren't always a direct result of Haruhi.
Keep in mind, of course, that most people who "jumped to conclusions" have already read the translated novels concerning episode 4, 5 & 6.

It was intentional of Kyoani to keep Haruhi's powers in the dark until the finale.