View Single Post
Old 2011-10-31, 11:33   Link #970
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Huh, what a coincidence that I see this topic updated the very week I finally watch the series. Well, maybe not total coincidence, with Fate/zero airing now. I don't have to put this stuff in spoiler tags right? I mean it is the last episode thread and it's several years old anyway.

So anyway, I just finished tonight, annnd...kinda wish I had known the ending would mercilessly rip out my heart and stomp on it and shred it to pieces, while taunting me cruelly. All my tears man. Blast, where's the damn sobbing smilie... There is none, so T_T and </3

I did find that Realta Nua ending thing I see mentioned here. It was sweet, though whether it was just cause I haven't played through the VNs or maybe also because of the translation, I couldn't follow about half the things the narration was going on about.

And I know I probably shouldn't get my hopes up either that that ending will be added as an epilogue to Fate/zero or something, given that I'm assuming Shiro doesn't have much to do with the story there. But still, it would be nice to see it fully animated someday.

Aside from all that, I really did enjoy the series a lot more than I thought I would, given that I didn't care too much for it when I saw several episodes some years ago. But there were still a few other things that bothered me, mostly how all the other characters were put on the sidelines as the show went on. Even Rin was largely absent from the final episodes. I know this helped the narrative focus more on Shiro and Saber's growing romance, but things still felt a bit empty and isolated without Rin or Taiga around to provide some levity from all the serious angst.

And other characters too, just up and disappeared leaving more questions than they answered. Hell, I had to go to tvtropes to find out the real identities of almost half the servants
Spoiler for Rider's identity:
So I wish they had made all the identities clear in the anime.

Think that's about it. Now I can start on Fate/zero. Although, if it's as heartwrenching as Fsn, I might have to wait a bit longer before exposing myself to such painful tragedy again Damn, I thought I'd prepared myself for a sad ending, but that stung bad.
There is also a movie called Unlimited blade works, it follows the second route of the game.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote