View Single Post
Old 2012-08-23, 16:14   Link #95
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Guys guys guys! What are you guys even arguing about!

Itachi used Tsukiyomi on Kakashi before his Mangekyou was revealed, several chapters afterwards.

Kishi showing us a normal sharingan because he isn't ready to reveal the MS yet isn't anything new.
That's exactly one example of how Kishi always made a big deal of someone turning on his MS eyes. Itachi's eyes were not shown in the manga, one of the biggest mistakes of the anime was that it showed a normal sharingan eye instead, at that time i didn't even notice that but there were some discussions about it on the forums here. Even recently before Madara uses his jutsu it is shown how he turns on his EMS and then his rinnegan. But it's true that this was not always consistent: for example Danzou could cast his genjutsu on the samurai leader even without removing the bandages, while Kakashi always removes his mask when using his sharingan, also it was shown how Tobi removes the part of the mask that covered the other eye which in retrospective made it clear that he began using izanagi just then. Just like in case of Danzou, he removed those large metal things from his arms before using izanagi. I guess it's simply story driven, so for example Tobi removed the mask part because it was a nice hint for the readers that he wants to use the other eye. Then in case of Tobi showing the MS pattern was forbidden by the story, even if it's a plot hole. But it's fun to discuss about these little details Also i think that given the magical powers of 1st hokage's cells we can safely assume that it can magically upgrade the sharingan eyes, especially if Tobi himself tells to Konan that 1st Hokage's DNA + Uchiha DNA results in the Sage of 6 paths.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote