View Single Post
Old 2006-05-26, 03:20   Link #113
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

1. Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - It just has all the right elements in the right place, and many of my favorite moments throughout Gundam.

2. Turn-A Gundam - Well, I've gained an attachment to this series for... potentially obvious reasons... but otherwise, I simply love the depth of it's story and characters. The Mecha design quickly grew on me after the first few episodes of viewing. It took me longer to get used to the unconventional settings than it did the mecha, but the whole show grabbed me quite quickly once I let it. Plus the show is quite fluently animated and the battles are very nicely crafted.

3. Char's CounterAttack Movie - Not a series per-say, but definitely one of my favorite Gundam pieces, and perhaps my favorite anime film. There is just so much ingenius character depth condensed into this 2 hour epic. While I will admit that some of the film's events seem a bit confusing, it's still very tightly written for those who are willing to watch it and the dialogue closely. The fights scenes and animation still look fantastic today, and this was animated in 1987.

4. Mobile Suit Gundam, 0079 TV series - What can I say? A classic is a classic, and even with 70s animation, this is one heck of an anime classic that has aged decently. The animation and music may be old, but the action is still fun to watch and the characters and story are engaging and well crafted. Some may like the movie compilations better, and they are pretty good, but I like the TV series.

5. Victory Gundam - Excellent action and a suprisingly interesting plot, despite the recycled elements from previous series. The animation may be a bit simplistic, but the action is, IMHO, some of the best you'll see throughout all of Gundam. The battles are very fluent and creatively planned... and the show has lots of neat action in it. It can be depressing, but the large amounts of death do indeed show just how desperate guerilla warfare can be.

From there, it's...

6. F91
7. 0080
8. 08th MS Team
9. Gundam X
10. G-Gundam
11. 0083
12. Gundam SEED
13. Gundam ZZ
14. Gundam Wing
15. Gundam SEED Destiny

However, I honestly do like really love all of Gundam except for Wing and the last 2/3 of SEED Destiny. Wing... while I liked it at first, I just find that I can't enjoy it as much as I used to knowing what I now know about the rest of Gundam, and the last half of Gundam SEED Destiny was just one disappointing episode after another, after another, after another until I was just plain frustrated with the last 1/4 of the show. I wanted to enjoy Destiny, but it was the opposite of SEED in the sense that I was more and more disappointed the further along the series got.
HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote