View Single Post
Old 2010-12-09, 20:44   Link #7354
madmac

Quote:
I have to contest the 'Hata'-favoritism.
If Hina-tan (and possibly Athena, not quite sure yet) isn't important to the plot, she's drawn differently, for Hinagiku it's actually noticeable that her chest gets smaller when her being a pettanko isn't being played up.
Given that she's actually the second character I've noticed with this trait, I'm wondering if it's actually a 'tropeable' trait
Not that it matters at all, but I think Hata is just really inconsistent about that sort of thing, honestly. If you're really curious, he was asked once on Twitter about top 3/bottom 3 for bust size and responded with:

Top Three: Athena, Yukariko, Yukiji.

Bottom Three: "Hermoine", and he considers Nagi/Hina as being too close to call.

Are they consistently (ever?) drawn that way? Hell no, and that's without even touching on Ayumu or Izumi because dammit man.

More importantly, Ayumu, really, seriously, needs to get her own arc at some point instead of getting a two chapter story at best. She's too great a character to be so neglected. Maria too, but I've just about given up hope for her. Although, since she apparently knew Athena when she was little, and Athena is now a kid again...we may actually get a bit more Maria backstory soon.

Last edited by madmac; 2010-12-09 at 20:58.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote