View Single Post
Old 2010-12-10, 17:20   Link #7359
madmac

Quote:
I really don't get why you guys are so hard on the Nagi-manga arc. Sure, it's not like super-event packed, but it's given character development to characters who've needed it (mainly Nagi, but also some to Chiharu and Ayumu). I'm finding it interesting to see how Nagi's independence is growing, for one thing.
I've really enjoyed the Nagi arc too. I think the main reason we're seeing these developments though is that it doesn't leave much (currently) for Hayate to do. He can't exactly get Nagi published in Shonen Sunday by battling giant robots, after all.

So instead Nagi gets her character development arc and Hayate gets his own subplot dealing with Yozora and now Athena and eventually I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the plot lines merge. At least I hope so. One of my gripes with the manga recently is that Nagi gets left out of the loop entirely too often during serious plot lines. I guess the thinking is that it would ruin her innocence if she learned about Athena/The RG and so on too soon, but eh...it's starting to feel a little forced, and constantly keeping her (And to a lesser extent, Ayumu) in a bubble limits what can be done with them in the long run.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote