View Single Post
Old 2013-03-26, 07:46   Link #697
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

.... They're nine. That wouldn't be romantic, that'd be creepy.
Agreed. I'm glad NanoFate was handled with some degree of restraint. Even if they do have a yuri crush on each other, it should be nothing more than puppy dog-style love at their age.

Quote:
And yet, following that logic none of Fate's scenes were needed either.
You guys seem to think that anyway. So getting you to basically admit the same about Chrono is a win as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
The book of darkness was a very important case for Chrono, as it provided closure to the death of his father.
That came across to me in this movie. It was short and subtle, but it was there.

Quote:
It should have been a moment of growth for him. Yet we saw none of that.
The growth comes with Chrono being warmer as an adult man in StrikerS than he was as a kid. This sort of character growth takes time.

Quote:
Enjoying a scene doesn't make it any more or less relevant.
Even as somebody who isn't the biggest fan of anime fluff/fanservice, you guys strike me as downright ruthless. Not every little scene in a 2 and a half-hour movie needs to push forward the main plot. Even Shakespeare's plays give you breaks from the main action. That's because Shakespeare recognized that audiences often need that beak, because otherwise they'd feel overwhelmed by constant drama and unshifting narrative focus.

I definitely wouldn't want every last scene in this movie to directly tie into the Book of Darkness. Frankly, I would have found that a bit overwhelming. It's good to be reminded that there is life in the Nanoha-verse outside of dealing with the Book of Darkness.

Quote:
Would have used a magic exercise shot myself. Not just make Nanoha a staff fighter of Fate's level just to get a cool scene.
Why shouldn't Nanoha be a staff fighter of Fate's level? The final fight between Nanoha and Fate in the original Nanoha TV series showed that Nanoha could handle staff-fighting pretty good, imo.