View Single Post
Old 2012-05-01, 06:37   Link #7
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
I can understand that same thing happened to my former love of film making you think computing is full of incompetent people try film making. I'm looking for books because I want to know the stuff I want to be confident in this field I don't want to be a cocky bum I just want to have a proper good passionate job compared to working in retail dead end jobs.
So you did a study film making and now want to do this out of all things? Did you like film making and stopped doing it because of those people and then decided meh I'll just throw myself in the same situation just a different degree? Or did you drop out because you couldn't run with the team's level and now want to try something else that will probably end the same way?

Anyway, learning from just books doesn't work, doing just lose tutorials doesn't teach you nothing if you don't use what you learn in them already. You'll just forget the important parts over time.
Had people reading on books for rigging but they still didn't learn anything from it because they weren't using it at the time. By the time they had to use that knowledge they would have to look up everything again and still make many mistakes. The best way is to do a project and use the tutorial as part of the project to learn the entire process and not just one individual. If you don't use the knowledge straight up then it will just fade out in forgetfulness and you'll remember some bits and pieces but nothing useful.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote