View Single Post
Old 2011-07-03, 02:29   Link #7439
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
She only draws one downward line, as is evident from the wide angle and the closeup. Also, there's only 6 lines, including the most recent. That's only six days.

A couple are cut off the edge of the screen, but you can still tell they were her marks and not lines from the bricks. So that is 10 lines, and if each line is one day then that is 10 days. If mine is right then that is 5, which is super close to your 6 anyways.

As for her drawing a downward line only, C.C. brings our attention to her as she is making a line. From the wide angle showing her (which I can't see any marks in...) it is hard to say exactly which way her hand is working when she is making the mark. Then there is a few seconds of dialogue before going to the upclose shot. It's perfectly plausible to say that she made the horizontal line first, then made the vertical and we only see the latter.

Quote:
That doesn't mean she was watching them the entire time. She couldn't.
Says who? She was in hiding, they were in hiding. They went to Tokyo, and isn't that where she was observed to be immortal and captured? On whose order is up for debate, but weren't they moving her from a Tokyo facility in the capsule to another one somewhere else?

Did they ever say where she was during the time she was hiding?

Quote:
Temporary resistance is not the same thing as disobedience. They obey, whether sooner or later. It's inevitable.
I still feel like this is nit picking. I'm not saying they actually disobey, they WANT to. They can't, but they want to. They still give in. My wording is just different. Replace everything where I said Disobey with resist and the meaning is still pretty much the same iirc.

Quote:
V.V. doesn't live at the palace. He lives in China with the Geass order. No close contact.
And you don't think he'd come visit his brother or give him updates in the hunt for C.C. why?

Quote:
If it was already broken she would have opened her eyes on the spot. She breaks it looking for the key, which is why that sudden moment of realization hits her.
What sudden realization, that she could see? Or did they imply she got all her memories back? The sudden realization of being able to see doesn't help or hurt my theory....

Again, she is so used to NOT being able to see and didn't have any reason before to see. That was her life. As I said, if something has changed and you didn't know it had changed, has it really change? Or maybe more accurately, if you think two things are the same, are they really? Couldn't they still be different in reality and you just don't know it because you can't perceive that difference?

This isn't a great example, but say you put equal amounts of red food coloring in a glass of water and green in the another. In a color value scale Red and Green are the same value. What that means is if you take a picture in greyscale of those glasses you couldn't tell the red from the green. I actually had to do something similar to that for a school assignment in color theory, so I know it's possible. You may not get it right the first time, but with enough time and tweaking you'll get it exactly right and have a "perfect" picture.

The tie in to Nunnally is that given that "perfect" photograph you would think the two have the same color liquid unless you were aware of it before hand. To apply that to her eyesight it's basically how what we think we know is how we perceive reality. She thinks she is blind, so her reality is that she is blind. You think the liquid is the same color in both glasses, so your reality is that both glasses have the same color liquid in them. The actual reality is different. You don't know that as you're looking at a photo of the glasses. She doesn't know that because she doesn't think she can see.

Now what if someone you trusted greatly came and told you that they were different? Maybe you can't see it, but you trust the person and believe them. Suddenly your reality has changed, you know they are different. To apply it back to Nunnally... Nunnally could see all along, and she had a need for her reality to change, and so it did. Maybe she thought "if only I could see..." and in desperation she opened her eyes hoping she could... and she could.

To be honest though, that whole thing of her suddenly breaking it has always bugged me. Even if she fully broke his Geass all of a sudden she shouldn't be able to see or walk. Her muscles in her legs should be totally shot from not being used for 8 years. (Now I know they don't show her walking, but let me finish) Why shouldn't her eyes be the same way?

After seeing black for so long shouldn't they not work that well? Yet she talks about finally looking upon her brother's face as if she had perfect vision again. Think of how well you see first thing in the morning when you wake up. or how the human eye sees in low light and light can ruin that. The same principle should apply to "regaining" eyesight.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote