Thread: Licensed Assassination Classroom
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-08, 04:18   Link #41
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
I find this manga hilarious, with the original setting and all, but I'm left wondering...how is the author going to keep this fresh as an ongoing series? Is it going to be like Onizuka from now on? You know, with the "unconventional teacher helps students" setting?
Yeah, I'm leaning towards it being more like GTO where every student is given a short arc showing a personal problem for Koro-sensei to solve. If it does decide to go in this direction, Karma's arc is a pretty underwhelming start.

Here's a long shot plot I've been thinking of:
Koro-sensei is sent by an intergalactic alliance government. Their policy is that all species must voluntarily disarm themselves before being admitted to the galactic stage. Species that are too violent or greedy to do so must be eradicated before they become a threat to peace.

Koro-sensei is sent to convince humanity to throw down their arms in one year, or it will be destroyed, but he cannot reveal the existence of the Alliance at all, as that tends to make species even more disruptive and unwilling to concede. He decides to train a class of warriors who are capable of standing up to the Earth's armies while making sure they remain peaceful.

Nagisa is the first to figure this out, and when his attempts to convince everyone fails, he turns on Karma and the rest of the class to defend Koro-sensei as he realizes that they're too drawn by 10 billion yen and their survival to give up. Once he finishes turning everyone (and becoming the best assassin of them all in the process), they manage to stop the desperate planet from erupting into war at the one-year mark, allowing them to become Earth's first galactic ambassadors. The End.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote