View Single Post
Old 2010-08-30, 18:11   Link #16824
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
All of that would be evidence that a person is disguising as another person assumed prior to have an independent existence. Instead, what we have is an assumption based on missing evidence which, if true, necessitates that a person be disguised.
I think by now we all know how much you hate the idea of Shkannon, so don't bother explaining why you don't like it. I have not found any definite prove of a real disguise regarding Shannon and Kanon, so I'm also still searching for that one. Yet you cannot say that them never appearing at the very same moment is insufficient evidence. What I wonder right now, in which contexts are Shannon and Kanon referred to as seperate existences? Maybe more people know about that than we know.

What I really want to get at, is that we cannot fully discard Chiru aspects now that we have them, and because they are referred to as clues, we would have to see if our theories hold up against them.
Let's look again at the solution of the logic error in Episode 6:
We have the group of Shannon, George, Hideyoshi, Nanjo and Kumasawa in a room with only the door sealed and Gohda, Krauss, Rudolph, Genji, Jessica and Kanon in a room with window and door sealed.
Battler's room is impossible to enter, yet when Erika has searched the room, he is gone. The solution is that Kanon came to his rescue and not only that, the room is sealed again after Battler is gone and three people have stepped over the threshold of that room during that time.
Battler is not Kanon and Erika is not Kanon.
The seals on the room where Jessica was also in has not been broken, meaning that no physical existence has passed over the threshold of that room after it was sealed.
But Kanon came and let Battler out and went in himself. We know that nobody except the person who owns the name Kanon can assume it.
And most important, after Battler had left Kanon was not in the room, yet the door was locked from the inside.
This means, unless you really want to imply that a ghost Kanon flew through the walls of the guesthouse, someone in the other room of the guesthouse was not only him or herself, but also Kanon and was able to discard that 嘉音と言う存在 (existence called Kanon) as soon as he entered the closet in Battler's room.
The only people within that other room were Shannon, George, Hideyoshi, Nanjo and Kumasawa. The only other option is the existence of an additional 18th person on the island, who was not locked inside one of these two rooms and was so far not witnessed by anybody, but is also Kanon.

BTW: I do not believe that the Chiru Episodes serve any other purpose than to function as excersizes to prove a theory that was developed during the first 4 games. They are exceptional scenarios that could have happened and are vastly different from the first 4 games for a reason, to show, that a great difference does not change the outcome of the events and that there are several rules within the overarching scenario that become apparent when people react to it differently (like Erika, Lion or Will).
The logic error for example is nothing that would have happend, it is an excersize, to see if your theory can work around it without having to rely on the magic solution. At least that is how I understand Chiru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Well, if anyone wanted a fresh supertheory, here's one.
I hope you don't mind if I pick out one or two things, maybe you can work on them yourself or someone else can. Maybe you noticed those holes yourself and just did not adress them, I don't know...

If Shannon and George actually planned to run away together, but he changed into a raving madman only during the 1st day of the conference, how was Shannon then able to create the bottle letters early enough to throw them into the ocean before the typhoon started? Especially considering that she only gets the ring on the night of the 4th (between 22:00 and 24:00) and the typhoon actually arrives at Rokkenjima around 18:00 of the 4th.

Quote:
In Episode 1, these are Kyrie and Rudolf, who grab Krauss by the arms and drag him off to the shed. Their plan is to keep him there until either he breaks down and admits what he did to Kinzo, or Natsuhi does, whichever comes first. Eva and Hideyoshi are in on it - they actually lock the shed and the witnesses in it. Later, George drops by and shoots everyone.
How did George get the key to the shed to unlock it again after the witnesses were locked in? Why did Eva and Hideyoshi not participate in that action? Where they trusting Rudolph and Kyrie enough for that to happen? I don't think so.
And why would the plan had been in danger only if he had entered the shed again next morning? Did he fail to kill Shannon? Why did he want to kill her in the first place? If she was not among the victims, why did anybody say that she were?

Quote:
In Episode 2, this is Jessica, planning to scare Maria out of her Beatrice affliction by staging a zombie halloween party and demonstrating how scary her own pranks can be if she tries. Only, someone drops by to implicate Beatrice and kill everyone, and that is once again George.
Why would the parents go along with a suggestion from Jessica, especially one that seems so selfcentered and absolutely beside the point during that moment?
Was the chapel ever locked in your theory? Because if she was, how did George enter and leave?

Quote:
Other episodes have other Noise Generators. Whether George actually murders everyone himself or enlists anybody's help is left to implementation details.
Who would be that enlisted help and why would he or she help George, when his plot seems so terribly selfcentered and egoistic and it seems rather unlikely that he would let said helper survive?
And there are still many murders that are impossible for George to commit. Kanon, Kumasawa, Nanjo, Genji and Natsuhi during Episode 1. Jessica, Nanjo and Kumasawa during Episode 2. Kyrie, Rudolph, Hideyoshi, Rosa and Maria during Episode 3. Episode 4 of course anything is possible, as long as one can find a theory why Kumasawa, Gohda and Krauss should cover him and why Jessica should lie about him being killed.

Quote:
her only option is to try to talk him into stopping. In case she can't, she turns on the bomb, betting on quantum suicide so that one day, in another world that she will never see, Battler will remember... and stop George before he kills anyone.
If Shannon is Beatrice in this theory and George is the culprit, how can he be found shot in the forehead in the arbour in Episode 4, before Battler meets with Beatrice? And why is Shannon then found with a wound that is highly improbable to inflict on her own, at least without the weapon being found nearby?!

I'm not trying to attack your theory for the sake of attacking, just to see if you can work around those.