View Single Post
Old 2012-05-16, 03:00   Link #18
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanty View Post
...That's not quite the case. Those comics are very, VERY obviously being targeted at the female readers. Remember: action =/= aimed-at-the-male-audience. When a manga's overflowing with hot bishiness and yaoi overtones, you can't claim it to be aimed at men anymore. Though you CAN claim that it's aimed at both audiences, I guess... though I really don't think there are many boys reading those series. Seriously.
Look at the story structure and pacing. It's clearly that it has a "shounen style" of storytelling. Also how can you claim that those series don't have that many male fans that also reads it?

Konomi even relaunched the PoT with a sequel after many years and if he really had more female fans, then what would have stopped him from making some big changes for the female readers? He didn't and probably couldn't because he can't write PoT differently and if he did, then the serie would have lost all of it's male fans.

Also how many "yaoi overtones" scenes have you seen in PoT and reborn to even claim that it's no longer targetted for men? I am still following these series and i haven't seen anything remotely yaoi.