View Single Post
Old 2008-01-09, 18:01   Link #148
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@Tiny Red Leaf:
Hmmm, not sure what to say other than she's a wolf harvest fertility goddess and she is just used to being nude. She only puts clothes on to fit in ("they're confining") and it really isn't a sexual kind of nudity (unless she's flirting). Chloe came on pretty strong fully clothed trying to make her intentions clear in comparison. I don't consider nudity to be "fanservice" by definition. Fanservice is something not germane to the plot but added as an easter egg or obscure reference or just for the T&A. A fair amount of the first episode plot is Lawrence getting used to her total unconcern for covering up (being an alien creature at root).

I'm not sure how you'd portray wolf goddess in human form without a tail or ears since they're a vital form of canine expression? Yeah, no arguments that it neatly fits into 'the usual mold of cute'.

She uses a very old form of conjugation and addressing --- I've no idea yet what period it spawns from.

Agree, Lawrence at times sounded far too young (he should be late 20s or 30ish using modern estimates?)