View Single Post
Old 2010-01-28, 18:18   Link #74
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Hey man, don't be ashamed! I'm a guy too, but I love a good drama/romance as well!

Well, a few of my favorite romances are already named, by you and others, but I think I got a few new ones...

A few of my personal favorites are by Seo Kouji (they also happen to be sports genre, I hope you don't mind):

Suzuka (166 chapters, completed)
Cross Over (59 chapters, completed)
- I highly recommend both of these. I like Suzuka better, but both are excellent romances.

And if you don't mind manhwa:

Goong - This one is about an arranged marriage between the king of Korea and a young strong willed girl. Both parties were unwilling to get married, but did so anyway, for separate reasons. This deals with love blooming despite love rivals and political ambitions. (119 chapters, not completed)

I don't just want to throw titles at you, so I'll keep this list to the ones I personally have read and enjoyed. Here's some more:

Hana Kimi - About a girl that sneaks into an all-boys school to follow her high-jumper idol, she not only attends school with all boys, but also has two male roommates to boot! So as you can guess, hilarity ensues. Yeah, it's another sports genre, but I found it be funny. (145 chapters, completed)

Ichigo 100% - It falls more into a harem/comedy genre than a comedy/romance, but I found it enjoyable nonetheless, assuming you don't mind some fanservice. It's basically about a guy who had a beautiful girl fall on top of him, but he didn't see her face and only got a good look at her panties, so he searches for her only knowing that one clue. Yeah, you can guess where this is headed... (167 chapters, completed)

And one of my personal favorites:

Yume de Aetara - This one is about Fuguno Masuo (lol) who meets Nagisa at a marriage interview pub. Both Nagisa and Masuo have had terrible luck with the opposite sex, but Masuo will do anything to be with Nagisa. So he has to fend off other suitors and both have to deal with their own insecurities. Very good romance, and there's quite a bit of comedy as, well.... Masuo's just funny, period. (143 chapters, completed)

I hope you check out some of the manga I listed, and enjoy!