View Single Post
Old 2011-03-12, 11:42   Link #102
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Madoka's biggest strength is probably that she doesn't make rash decisions, and she keeps a level head.
I'm kinda curious how you come to that conclusion, as all I've seen is an insecure, wavering Madoka who is very susceptible to pressure and would sacrifice herself despite the countless warnings she received.

Mami's death made her hesitate a little bit, but I think that she would have made the contract somewhere down the line if Homura wasn't there to stop her. After all, she came close in episode 5, when Kyouko and Sayaka were duking it out (Homura had to separate them to diffuse the situation), and even closer in episode 8 (right before Homura turned Kyubey into Swiss cheese).

Quote:
Yes, she cries a lot, but even in the midst of doing that, she doesn't lose her mind. You can give vent to sadness without giving reign to madness.
This, I agree with, though. The death of her friends definitely shook her up, but she hasn't gone over the edge, unlike Sayaka, who bottled up a lot of her sadness and kept putting up a mask in front of the others while hurting herself on the inside the more she learned about her inevitable fate.