Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-10, 23:26   Link #20796
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Hmm, I think it's probably limited to only that, being that he's already well known for things he hasn't really done, but is "blamed" by his close association to those subjects he's known for. I'd say his reputation as far as FT is concerned is more in line with his association of being able to release Moka's seal. I highly doubt there is anything special in his family lines, and even if there was, it would probably be like something like how the Belmont family are skilled monster hunters, and maybe Tsukune carries the blood of some monster hunters in his ancestry. But I kind of think that may end up as some kind of ass-pull for why he's able to thrive amongst youkai as well as he does, or to explain how he is able to resist Kurumu's Charm spell as well as he did.

However, his non-FT reputation seems to be rather fierce like, probably why Wong took an interest in him because of the things he has done. The first major confrontations outside of school that he would be noted for would start at the snow village for internal rumors at Fairy Tale for how he and his posse beat back and blocked their "diplomatic" mission. Then the next one would be Sun's story where he was closely aligned with the outright destruction of a fairy tale branch, even if he was unaware that had taken place, and that it was his "other friends" that did the dirty work. So in a way, one could see Tsukune as an upstart mob boss that went to war with FT and has been working to make strong ties with the Triad of China though the Wongs, and may have already secured ties to the Yuki Onna village for his interference.

Mind you, this is probably how outsiders would see Tsukune's group if they didn't know him personally or knew the truth that he's just a semi-normal highschool student, and that his "Yakuza group" is merely just his classmates.

Though it also seems in some ways that Mikogami favors placing Tsukune and his friends on the front lines for leading the charge against those who want to disrupt the status quo. Being that they always end up fighting some kind of threat, even when not deliberately looking for it, they always end up coming out smelling like roses... even though at times covered in blood.

Mikogami probably realized early on that this could be used to a collective advantage to sniff out and lure trouble makers. And being that the timing of Mizore's arc just alerted Mikogami that Tsukune's role in the youkai world could be much larger and pronounced than he ever though possible, then only exemplified with the opportunistic impulsiveness of Ginei and Haiji to destroy a known threat, and only for Tsukune to end up shouldering the credit for it unknowingly.

Seems even Gin knows that to boost the reputation of another would be a little more beneficial for his and the school's overall goal. However, something many probably would be surprised about is that the one whom is shouldering all this credit is someone who doesn't even know he's doing so, nor cares to know. He who has only mundane goals and concerns is being bred to become a leader, and he, thinking that he's only doing things only for himself and his immediate company, is totally unaware that one day, Mikogami may grace him with a title only legends in either world have been known to carry.

I bet that if Tsukune does have to fight Alucard, and somehow manages to come out on top, I bet at least 60% chance that he would be bestowed the Dark Lord title, or some other title equal in "importance". Basically, one that says "Do NOT mess with..." to anyone that hears his name.

Last edited by GrrDraxin; 2011-08-10 at 23:38.
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote