View Single Post
Old 2006-09-27, 07:01   Link #37
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
This isn't the first time a big new promising show has a bizarre time slot. Eureka 7 with its 7am sunday airtime always baffled me, considering the dark material it covered in some episodes. This airtime didn't seem to affect its mass appeal. Although airtime in Japan is irrevelant to most of the fansub community.
Coincidentially, that was also produced by Seiji Takeda... and the next big project BONES is doing after that is Ayakashi Ayashi...

Some people said that that was an attempt to create a new 'popular timeslot', but it ended up getting low ratings (though the dvds are selling reasonably well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Sunrise might be hoping that the late airtime may attract a more mature audience, or rather an audience expecting more mature content.
Well, I'm just hoping that they'll actually watch it at 2 am... I suppose the weekend airings would be OK, though. I wonder if there's more of a prevailing "late night anime = stuff for weirdos" mindset among people who would have otherwise watched it at 6pm though.