Thread: Licensed Inu X Boku SS
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-22, 13:41   Link #131
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
. Also, despite everything, he's still the first person to see her for who she is, regardless of her family background.
Actually, that would be Renshou.

Which is why I largely prefer Riri's interactions with our local lazy paper-guy. They actually have a somewhat interesting dynamic to their interaction, and since he sees past and ignores her snide remarks, are actually capable of holding a conversation of some depth.

With Soushi though, there is no variation to his actions or what we can expect of him as of yet. Irregardless of what Riri says or does, his responses boil down to the same thing over and over again - him wailing about his life being complete at her side, inability to be separated from her even for a second, and how she shouldn't mind him, because he is here for her sake.

While that was amusing in the first episode as it helped to establish the dynamic between their characters, I wasn't expecting that to be the extent of their dynamic either. Can it change with time ? Possibly (probably?), but for now Soushi is like a broken record, stuck on a track that doesn't contribute anything to anything.

Unfortunately he is also glued to Riri, which means his screentime is probably going to remain high. That being the case, I seriously hope the point where he gets an actual personality arrives sooner rather than later, because his monotone, exaggerated rehashing of essentially the same lines is already getting old.