View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 03:25   Link #591
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Though I'm more curious about whose sword was held up to Urahara's shoulder (yeah yeah...10 to 1 it's GJ or Nel. Just show us already!).
I am too! This is probably one of the reasons I'm still, somewhat invested in the story--I'm banking on the fact that the mysterious person is Grimmjow. Yeah, I know it's predictable, but he was my favorite character besides Gin. I think Kubo will reveal this after the bad guy captures Yama's bankai, cliffhangs that story (only to resolved it off panel later) and then he'll return to this moment.

And it will most likely happen in either two ways:

1.) We briefly visit Ichigo, to see that he is still stuck in that trap, before we pan to Urahara and the Mystery Person. They forge an alliance to kill the Christmas Ornament bad guy and figure out how to save Ichigo.

2.) Or we'll have to endure a few chapters of Ichigo's self-loathing, before he somehow gets the confidence (or hate--some sort of motivation) to power-up enough to free himself. Then, the mystery person will be revealed.

I would prefer option 1, but I have a feeling that it will be something along the lines of option 2. Ichigo entering his inner world to gain confidence in himself--yadda, yadda, yadda. Rinse and repeat. I just want to see Grimmjow. Is that too much to ask for?