View Single Post
Old 2012-12-11, 21:18   Link #66
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
What I meant about Shiina is that her obliviousness to everything else going on around her hurts her ability to empathize with others at times. If she wasn't for her bad social skills and inability to focus on anything that doesn't interest her, she might have seen the clues going on around her (people leaving, Rita pushing her away, etc), but due to her social problems, she didn't notice anything. Heck, even after Rita went off on her, she didn't understand because she's never had to feel jealous of anyone.

I've honestly got a difficult time dealing with characters like that. Reminds me of Medaka from Medaka Box-- characters that are so perfect in something that they don't even know what normal human feelings are. I'm not sure whether to feel sorry for them or not. I'm just not a fan of those types. They're characters that are hard to empathize with because they're made out to be more than human.
And she is still not at fault for Rita's misery. Everyone is responsible for his own life and when something doesn't go how you want, simply because someone is better than you, you have to learn o deal with it in a healthly way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavie View Post
I never have the impression of Rita hating on Mashiro for the fact that she is better than her in Fine Art. I think the core problem is that Mashiro's talent did make Rita's love or even hard work for art suffer. If someone is better than you, so be it. But if that someone being better than you and make the surrounding to turn against you, that would be a very different story. And yes, it is very hard to take that in.
Shiina never made anyone turn against Rita. She did not force or manipulated anyone to do that, those people did that on their own.

Quote:
I'm not talking about Rita and Mashiro now, but just take this as example. Me and another guy taking a lesson together. I'm doing good on the subject but that other guy does even way better, if not the best. If it's just that, then I won't have a problem with him. But then, you get the comparison talk from the teacher about you and him, saying hurtful stuff that you are inferior to him, and even telling you to give up. And that coming from someone you probably has been respecting half of your life. The pressure would be tremendous you know, and it would be even harder if the guy in question is a nice and kind in general that you cannot outright hate. It would be even harder if that guy is my best friend, it's not the most pretty feeling to have I know, but I believe we all have it, accepting that is hard.
Not that guys fault that he is better than you and that you got compared to him. And gettzing compared is normal if you work on the same field. I

Quote:
For Rita to endure the hardship of being compared to genius, having no ally to share her love and passion on the subject, not even having someone to hate, to vent her frustration on for 10 years, it is truly kindness and passion of her for both Mashiro and Fine Art imo.
It' sad for Rita but it is nothg Shiina is to be blamed for and it doesn't justify Ritas bullshit.

Quote:
So yeah, it's totally not like you said. Rita doesn't hate Mashiro because she is better than her. It is because Mashiro bring better has made her suffer for a very long period of time. She was struggling to choose between her pasion and the dearest friend she has.
Clearly don't see it like you. The whole reason of this conflict was that Shiina was better than her, and that's whay she tried that nonse with the manga.

Quote:
I still think she is feeling guilty as hell for teaching Mashiro manga and making stray away from Fine Art just because of some ugly moment in her life. I'm glad that she still stand strong at the end of this episode regarding her opinion for Mashiro though.
Ryuusuke made her understand how dumb she behaved, so it's good for now.

All in all I can say that I feel disgusted.
We have two groups of people. The people with talent, group A. Normal people, group B.

And since last week I have only seen a lot of jealousy from people of group B an I have seen how some people of this group were trying to justify
- why it is right to hate talented people,
- why it is right to blame other people(for example the talented people) for their own shortcomings and for their own misfortune instead on just accepting that someone is better and learn to deal with it in a healthly way
- that they force their expections on others.

This comment below mine is also a good example what is wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Meh, talent is basically nothing but the most unfair thing in the world.

Talented people are the most frustating ones to surpass, but the combinations of talent+passion+hard working people (like Mashiro) are much worse.