-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
Ah....probably a stupid question:

Spoiler for image:

While drawing an anime character all the books tell to begin with circles (like in the first part of the image) and then draw the "human form" (the images in the second part).

But my question is....the paper does not damage while erasing the circles? Also, it doesnt leave marks in the paper?.

Its quite confusing...
use the book as a guideline until you find your own style =3 then you find your own basic of drawing

anyway, you draw those parts very lightly so you can see them but also erase them with ease without damaging the paper, what I usually do it draw the body first nude, like those you've listed but i skip the circle step (which is used to make certain that you don't make the body too thin or out of proportion). over the body which you draw lightly you draw the clothes, hair and detail also lightly but somewhat harder on paper so you can cross it again with the final pencil line to make what you want it to be in total or ink it.

you draw those basics lightly if you want to keep it pencil and ink because you want to see what goes over them (clothes etc) and that way you don't damage paper, unless you erase like a mad man ofc

edit:

I have a kind of example for you so you can see what I mean, though I made this with ink from scratch you can clearly see the joints in the hands etc. but only lightly compared to the rest

Spoiler for image:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote