View Single Post
Old 2010-05-28, 21:22   Link #28
Yuutsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Still, its hard to get moved by the scene when you realise that these guys didn't sign when they first got their cards and had to be inspired to do so. They make it as if there is some sort of stigma with agreeing to organ donation and it take will to do so.
Wow, I never thought of it that way; I had pretty much the opposite reaction. I'd think that the average person wouldn't sign something with such important implications as this because it'd take a fairly altruistic person to do so. For a person to be able to commit to an action such as donating their organs would imply that he or she has the resolve needed to face the fact that death is inevitable and that the best possible outcome should be made out of it. It's simply not something that we Animesukians, the few lucky people of this planet, think about in our daily and relatively peaceful lives.

Mind you, this is all coming from my personal experiences. I'm certainly not saying the way I think is correct (nor am I trying to refute your opinion or anything like that), but this is the perspective from which I viewed that particular scene you're referring to. I found it quite moving that the people in the accident still had the will to make the most out of their life despite all that has happened to them in the last seven days.

As a result of episodes such as this, Beats has quickly moved up to be one of the few anime I'm most looking forward to each week (quite a difference from my impressions of the first episode!).