View Single Post
Old 2011-08-23, 15:21   Link #987
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Not sure why but 'words' as the quote made me laugh, guess I'm too used too seeing 'snip', 'blah blah blah', 'stuff which need not be repeated'...anyhoo heh

In your experience I take it you'd say then that the extra bitrate average using that Ripbot profile is being wasted then? File size isn't a real issue for me, I'm more interested in getting decent output, so I don't mind higher bitrate if it's actually getting results, but if its being wasted...

I'll probably leave the level tags in, for the simple reason that, like you imply, it might give slightly better compatibility with hardware devices and x264 is also re-encoding at a higher FPS when set to 4.1 than 5/5.1, presumably because it's using fewer ref frames and are also seemingly slightly lesser compression.

I'd also thought that the different presets ie slow, slower etc were do with output quality rather than compression so again thanks for that heads up.

Again thanks a lot for the advice, if you use paypal PM me and I'd be happy to lob you over a little for a few brews on Thursday (payday) for the help
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote