Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-06, 13:33   Link #21789
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Here's a good one.. my wife's company has outsourced their entire accounting/payroll functionality to a company in India. So now when your paycheck is flummoxed, you have to call their call center on the other side of the planet. Everything takes 2 to 3 times as long to resolve. The employees deal with them on company time so there's a huge unwritten cost. They outsourced all the financials... some VP got a hefty bonus for the short term savings and when it all goes south he'll be long gone to screw up the next company and personally profit.
Reminds me of a time where I was hired as part of a team of random temps cobbled together from a jobseeker website to do data migration. I was doing personnel data........with full and unlimited access to the personal particulars a few hundred employees/clientele. My IC was a cute fresh grad of ComSci with absolutely no idea how to run a mainframe or a makeshift team of male nerds who fap at any dojikko in officewear.

The pay is good, but I don't know if another temp actually made more money from the temp job by copying that data to a marketing company - he would have made at least a couple of dollars per person, given the market rates at that time.

Is encryption that expensive as compared to client data?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.