Thread: Licensed Berserk Film Trilogy
View Single Post
Old 2010-10-07, 19:06   Link #69
Psychodrake91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
It would be an absolute waste of time then.

Honestly the CG looks pretty crappy to me and while it's better than most anime CG models, it's still nowhere near impressive and I wish they had stuck with a more traditional animation.
Traditional animation simply wouldn't do Berserk enough justice. I'm of the personal opinion that Berserk can only be done in some really high budget CGI or a lot of still-frames like the original series that make it seem more like a slideshow at times. Too much inconsistency in traditional animation that can throw off a series like Berserk which is too important for such things!

Anyway, 3D isn't bad in all anime. The problem is, it is usually just sort of "Thrown in" and looks out of place. Using the Rebuild of Evangelion as an example, 3D can look incredible when done properly without being seemingly out of place or a lazy option. From what I've seen of the trailers, the 3D looks to top that of RoE.

Bad CGI like in the new Iron-Man when the FPS is simply too low to do it justice and the metal looks like plastic, that's the type of CGI that makes people wary of 3D in anime. I can't really compare these two since RoE are giant budget movies and Iron-Man is a series, but you probably know what I mean.
Psychodrake91 is offline   Reply With Quote