View Single Post
Old 2009-01-30, 20:40   Link #113
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Hey look, today the side characters do something!

First off, I love the new OP/ED. It's more straight-forward with the themes of romance but it is just phenominal sounding. It flows together really nicely and does a great representation of the characters. Kitamura might not be in it as much, but as we've seen with this episode that he still plays a prominent role.

It was pretty great I would say. Taiga was being really toradorable in the first half just because of how much she loves Christmas and we've rarely seen her act that way at all. So it was really a cuteness overload. It was pretty interesting though to see everyone's feelings really come through especially with the three main girls. Ami still shows interest, Minori is conflicted and Taiga gets some more opportunity.

I didn't really care for Minori and Ryuuji in this episode. Minori (who I wish would stop wearing that bald cap) is conflicted, sure...but it would just nice to see a little characterization from her. Because her shifting from happy weird to suddenly serious is just plain awkward. Ryuuji is getting more irritating too just because he felt so negative in this episode, it's like he didn't appreciate the fact that it was Christmas and Taiga was happy. And it's usually a bad sign to me if he responds to most things in a "Oh..." fashion...constantly.

But overall, it was a good episode because it was charming and fun. And the side characters got some time of there own, especially with Kiharu and her concerns. (Who I was always refering to as That Shirley Look-a-Like)