View Single Post
Old 2011-09-14, 13:58   Link #88
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Ok, well... I started this thread over a year ago, and I still don't see any new banners added since then.

The issues I noted a year ago have only exacerbated since then, as all the anime shows featured in the banners of this forum site are a year older now than they were a year ago.

We've had Madoka Magica, Anohana, Steins;Gate, Tiger and Bunny, and countless other very well-received 2011 anime. Many anime fans consider this to be a banner year for anime (no pun intended ).

I really think its time we saw some fresh banners here.

If it takes this long (literally over a year) to get a proper banner contest off the ground and going, then it seems to me that the only viable alternative to never changing the banners at all is to allow would-be banner artists to make voluntary submissions to the AS moderating staff, and for the moderating staff to decide which ones to test out by adding them into the banner rotation.

I hope that we would all agree that at some point these banners really ought to be updated with fresh anime content. I mean, at some point, new anime fans coming to this site will look at the banners above and not recognize a single anime there (aside from Code Geass perhaps).

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-09-14 at 15:20.